INK Art Space and Spark Literacy Center have joined forces to become one new charitable non-profit organization, effective June 1st. The new name will be revealed soon. The combined board is planning how to unveil our new identity and new name. We promise to share the surprise with you.
Brooke Matson, Spark's current Director of Programs, will become the full-time Executive Director. Our new mission and vision blend the priorities of both INK and Spark. We won't abandon the commitment to CONNECT, LEARN and CREATE.
Spark Center is a new, innovative nonprofit education center located in West Central Community. With creative, health and tech workshops in a vibrant gathering space, we are looking to transform how our community discovers and connects to people and opportunities.
A volunteer-run library and center providing:
- Free access to technology, including wifi, computers, and software
- Innovative and creative educational programs for people of all ages
- A welcoming and vibrant community gathering space to support learning connections
Spark Center connects people of all ages to opportunities for learning and provides access to educational resources.
We help people connect to one another, resources, and ideas by bringing people's talents to the surface and helping them teach and support one another. Our Community programs provide ways for people to engage with new ideas and each other.
At Spark, we believe that innovation comes from play and experimentation. Using our space, technology, Maker's Lab and Living Resources, you can use Spark Center as a space to test your ideas, learn new skills, work on a project, apply for a job or design something new.
Our vibrant community space is perfect for reading, research, projects, meetings, community events, or a casual gathering of friends and neighbors.
- Space for individual reading or research
- Meeting rooms for small group discussions or working on projects
- Areas for large groups to meet and learn
- Big screen and stage area for events
- Children's area for programs specifically for infants, toddlers, and their parents
Interested in reserving Spark for your next meeting, presentation or event?
Our technology and resources can help you complete your next creative project, research project, or build a prototype.
- Desktop or laptop computers for use in the center
- Tablet devices for use in the center
- High speed broadband access and free Wi-Fi in the center
- Maker's Lab with access to tools, technology, and mentoring that enables creative and imaginative projects come to life
- Member library with access to books, games, and visual media
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located at 1214 W Summit Pkwy in Spokane
Drop In Hours
Tuesday - Friday: 10am - 6pm
Saturday: 12pm - 5pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
Also open Wednesday evenings until 8pm during Kendall Yards' Summer Night Market through October.
Our Partners & Supporters
Holmes Elementary School
Marmot Art Space
Kendall Yards Home Owners Association
Kendall Yards Business Association
Eastern Washington University
Spokane Falls Community College
Spokane Community College
Spokane Regional Health District
Spokane Public Library
Spokane County Library
Liberty Lake Municipal Library
Kendall Yards Night Market
Meadowwood Technology Park
Windsor Crossing, LLC
Rockwood Property Management, LLC
Adirondack Lodge, LLC
North Gorge Residential, LLC
Jim and Mary Anne Frank
James and Nancy Barthelmess
Our Media Partners
Corner Booth Media
Jeffrey Bunch, Photographer